How To Make A Smoothie Bowl | The Avocado Way
Healthy & Good Looking? - Easy.
You know making a smoothie bowl is not a simple challenge. Choosing the best smoothie bowl recipe is a scary experience.
“Will it be good?” - a question you always ask. The answer is yes. We don't promise you the moon from the sky. All we know is - making a smoothie bowl is easy and a lot of fun.
What Should You Put In A Smoothie Bowl?
For the avocado smoothie bowl recipe, you’ll need:
- ½ of avocado or 15 g of avocado powder
- 170 g of frozen bananas
- 3 tbsp of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 handful of spinach
As for the tools, you’ll need a blender, a spatula, and your favorite bowl. You can use a glass or a cup with large borders instead of a bowl.
How Do You Make The Smoothie Bowl?
Step 1: Add the avocado and the frozen bananas to the blender. Cut your fruit in small pieces before freezing them. If you don’t have avocado at home, add the avocado paste.
Making the avocado paste: Mix 25 g of avocado powder with 60 ml of water until it blends well. The paste will be good to go in 90 seconds.
Step 2: Add the yogurt, then 1 tbsp of honey. Put 1 handful of spinach for a good dose of healthy nutrients. If you are concerned about the taste, don’t be, you’ll never really feel it. Yet, you can add an extra tbsp of honey or any other sweetener of your choice.
Step 3: Blend it well, start with low, and then increase the speed. Stop the blender when you see a nice thick paste. Use your spatula to scrape the ingredients back in the container.
Blend your smoothie again. We are serious. This makes the smoothie soft and creamy.
Step 4: Pour the smoothie into a bowl and add the smoothie bowl toppings. Here is a short guide on toppings you can add:
- Fruits: You’ll never be wrong by choosing fruits. Add fruits like strawberries, mango, bananas, kiwi, or oranges.
- Granola: Granola will make your smoothie bowl sweeter. You can add it mixed with dry fruits or even chocolate chips.
But, plain, natural granola is still one of the best choices. It is rich in proteins, fiber, and micronutrients. If you have to choose between health and sweetness, add an extra spoon of natural honey.
- Nuts: You can add cashew, almonds, or cracked walnuts. These nuts are full of nutrients, making your body feel and look better.
- Seeds: If you think that we are going to say chia seeds, you are right! Chia seeds are full of fiber, protein, calcium, and magnesium - important for your body. Some other great toppings will be pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Bonus tip: Your smoothie bowl will be of beautiful green color. Choose yellow, red or orange fruits and add some almonds with a sprinkle of chia seeds. The final result will be delicious and pleasing to the eye.
- Substitute the frozen bananas with mangos if you prefer. Instead of greek yogurt, you can add milk. Oat milk, soy, almonds, or even regular milk will work great. Add 3 tbsp of the milk you chose and then if you feel the need, add some more.
- Adding avocado makes your smoothie bowl softer and creamier. Not to mention the nutrients and benefits avocado provides for you.
- Freeze everything, from bananas to mangos, berries and watermelon. Cut your fruits into small pieces and put them in zip lock bags. Now you don’t have to wait for the fruits to freeze.
- Make it special. Wondering what we mean? Add fresh ginger or mint into the mix. Make sure to blend the ingredients very well. The “new” ingredients will spice up the taste of your smoothie bowl.
- Don’t use plenty of frozen ingredients. The main part of your smoothie bowl should be two or three ingredients. Using more will make the taste fade away.